THE CHAMPAGNE PRODUCER DUVAL-LEROY WAS FOUNDED IN 1859 IN VERTUS. HIS CUVÉE IS FEMME DE CHAMPAGNE.
DUVAL-LEROY IS AN INDEPENDENT CHAMPAGNE PRODUCER.
Champagne house in Vertus. Founded in 1859, it is now one of the few remaining large family businesses in the top ten of the sector. It cultivates 150 hectares of its own vineyards (the tenth largest in the world). Champagne) mostly at the Côte des Blancs near Vertus. These are planted with Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier in equal parts. The own vineyards cover 25 % of Duval Leroy's demand. Grapes are purchased for the remaining 75 %. The company, managed by Carol Duval-Leroy since 1991, employs 120 people in administration cellars and vineyards. The product range includes 13 Champagne cuvées. The stock in the chalk cellars of Duval-Leroy amounts to 15 million bottles. In 1989/90, the winery was modernized and technically updated. It is now one of the largest pressing units in Champagne with a pressing capacity of 400,000 kg of grapes per day. The winery currently sells around 6 million bottles per year. The annual turnover is 76 million euros (2002). In the own chalk cellar, a reserve of about 15 million bottles is stored. The Champagne of Duval Leroy are clearly dominated by the grape variety Chardonnay. 65 %
DUVAL-LEROY INTERNATIONAL NV
Avenue of the season 118
1050 BRUSSELS - Belgium
Phone: +32 2 649 99 53
Fax: +32 2 649 88 73